Monday, January 28, 2013

My love - hate relationship to this blog

I seem to have a love, hate relationship to this blog. I've been writing off and on since the year 2000. I've not written anything in over a year and that puts a burden of guilt that can, in and of itself, make it harder to post. But I have been posting on Facebook. I'm going to see if I can pull my status updates and post a backup of most of them here. With that update I think I'll feel more comfortable about putting new stuff here.

I realize a value to myself in having some sort of chronicle but I also know that most stuff on the internet is somewhat eternal and uncontrolled in a way that can come back and bite you in some unknown future.

I continue my lifelong struggle with writing. I like having written and I like it when I'm writing and the words are coming easily. But I'm also pretty distractable with both important and mundane activities. Since I'm on my phone right now (on the Blogger iPhone app) I'll have to wait to see if any of the plans for extracting my status updates from Facebook will actually work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home