Thursday, January 29, 2015

Four Months and the World Turns Over

It's been four months since my last post and a lot has happened.
  1. I am now a contractor for Microsoft getting up at 5:00 am to keep servers running for a dev team.
  2. I am no longer in school. I loved my classes and looked forward to more of them. But I was burning the candle at both ends (every end possible) and looked like I would be doing that for at least a year. So I applied for a job I didn't think I would get; and got it. And because I was using unemployment to go to school, I couldn't turn down a job offer. So I did a "happy dance" that I would be making more money doing something I enjoy (and thought I had closed that door pretty firmly).
  3. I made it though the holiday season on my own. It may not seem like much but during this time last year my life was in such turmoil that this is a personal victory. I could go on and on about the turmoil but there's no point and I'd rather not. But having more money let me be more generous than I thought I was going to be able to be.
  4. Now I'm figuring out what I'm doing with my time. I still want to tell stories. I'm still pretty sure that film making will play an important role in that. I had to pull back from the Seattle film making community while in school so I'm doing what I can to reconnect there. I'm working on a short film script that may extend to a web series or a feature. I have two features in outline form that I'm working on under the constraints that these will need to be low/zero budget level productions. I'm geeking out over cameras and such because that's another aspect of film making I enjoy.
So I'm moving in a direction that I'll call forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home