Monday, June 18, 2001

I'm at Tech-Ed - Yippee!

Well, here I am at Microsoft's big deal of the year. me and 30,000 of my closest friends (I actually have no idea how many people are here but it sure seems like that many). It all started yesterday with some hands-on sessions covering Visual Studio .Net and Biztalk 2000. Unfortunately the Biztalk session was cancelled so I wandered the exhibitor's hall collecting swag. I got enough to fill the extra suitcase I brought just for swag. Since I got up at 4 am to catch an early flight I was pretty beat by the end of the day. But that didn't stop me from going to the NetIQ party where they were going to give away a DVD kareoke system and a portable sound system. You can already tell I didn't win because that would probably have been my headline if I had. Before the club I went and had some Indian food. Tamara doesn't like Indian food so I thought I'd take the opportunity to get some since she's not with me on this trip. It doesn't bother me that we don't eat Indian food but walking around the hotel neighborhood I saw a resturante and said to myself, "Hey, what the heck." The place is called Haveli and I had Lamb Vindaloo (lamb w/ potatoes and hot sauce), Peas Pulao (rice w/ peas), Garlic Naan (garlic bread - kind of like a pita but not really), and Lassi (a mango yogurt shake).

Today I've seen one session and I'm on a break until the next one starts. It's on the Microsoft Content Management Server (they bought the company "NCompass Labs" and their main product is now the MS CMS).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home