Thursday, January 21, 2010

I had a thought last night

I had a thought last night. I was thinking about trying to blog every day and lying there in repose; drifting off into the arms of Morpheus and I started putting together a blog post in my head. At this point I had a decision to make. Do I get up and write it down or blow it off and maybe forget about it? I chose to blow it off. Even though I don’t remember the details, I do remember thinking that it wasn’t Earth shattering and I was pretty tired. So I forgot what it was about but not that I had the mental conversation. As part of my ongoing illness (deluding myself into thinking I can and should write) I have trained myself to recognize when something like this is happening and to get up and write it down. Sometimes I look at it the next day and realize that I should have just stayed in bed. But overall I still think it’s a good exercise in not letting an idea get away from you.

Other than that I had a good day. I finally went to the grocery store last night so I had a banana this morning with my cereal and coffee. I’m reading “The Sign of the Four” as an e-text on my phone. After seeing the new Sherlock Holmes movie, I went out into the wilds of the internet and found me some Sherlock Holmes stories (in the public domain, of course). It’s some easy light reading while on the bus to and from work.

Here’s a bit of my morning ritual. I get up. I put on my slippers. I go to the bathroom and pee. I go to the kitchen and start to eat a banana while I make coffee. I run outside and drag the trash can and recycle bin to the curb (only on a Monday where I’ve forgotten to do this on Sunday night; it happens way too often). Get a bowl of cereal and look over an article from “The Stranger” or “Seattle Weekly” while eating. At this point there are a lot of variables depending whether the boys are at my house or not. If they’re not then I can shower, get dressed, make my lunch and leave for work. Then I can come back and get my bus pass and/or my key-card to get into work. If the boys are with me then I have to do all of that and get them up and moving, get Calvin a doughnut, wake Duncan up again, turn off the TV so Calvin can focus on getting dressed, wake Duncan up again, get clothes for Calvin and make sure he brushes his teeth before playing video games. By this point Duncan is usually up and moving around so he’s pretty self-sufficient. Sometimes I have to make lunches and get them to the bus stop or school. Usually Tamara will come by and pick them up and drop them at the bus stop on her way to work. After I leave the house I head down to the Northgate Park and Ride and catch the 41 downtown to get to work. This is just for Monday through Friday; the weekend is less organized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home